|WomanPulse Week 4 Blogging Challenge
Last week of the blogging challenge from Woman Pulse, let’s finish it with a bang!
I don’t usually watch a movie twice, once I watch it, I don’t watch it again. These movies on my top ten are the exception; I can watch them over and over and over and not get tired of them.
10. The Bodyguard (1992) The forbidden attraction between the bodyguard and the singer, the songs, the suspense in the cabin, and Whiney Houston’s incredible voice in the song ‘I will always love you, makes this movie one of my all time favorites. It never fails towards the end; I pretend I can sing and ruin the beautiful song.
9. Grease (1978) An outcast that becomes part of the Pink Ladies that falls in love with the cool bad boy, while surrounded by high school drama in the 50’s is my idea of a perfect Friday night. If only I could go back in time and wear my pom-pom skirt and oxford shoes…but then they didn’t have cell phones or women’s rights….so never mind.
8. Ghost (1990) This movie has the best, I repeat the best foreplay scene ever! That pottery scene could make anyone melt. When that disc starts to play ‘Unchained Melody’ and Sam comes down and plays in the pottery mud with Molly, I die…slowly.
7. Honey, I Blew Up the Kid (1992) I love, love this movie. It’s my favorite one in the series because the baby is so cute and he causes adorable mayhem in Vegas while having his brother and friend in his front pocket. Cuteness overload for sure!
6. Pretty Woman (1990) Damn it when I saw that a prostitute could get ahead in life in this movie, I knew that everything was possible in America! This movie depicts the true American Dream from an escort’s point of view. Also, in true Telenovela fashion, the poor girl gets the rich guy. Luvs it!
5. The NeverEnding Story (1984) This futuristic reading of a real life on-going story, blew my mind when I first saw it. The moral of the story of perseverance and following one’s dreams still hold true to me today. I love the message so much that I bought this movie and passed it on to my son. So now the story will never end!
4. Dirty Dancing (1987) The Greaser does not deserve the girl, but the girl wants the boy, and the boy does not wish to ruin the girl. Ugh, the drama, the tension, the dancing scenes….I can watch this one on repeat all day Saturday. This movie never fails to get my feet tapping and my hips shaking….let’s do the mambo!
3. Jaws (1975) I still scream every time that mechanical shark jumps from the ocean to bite someone! This movie is terrifying and has me yelling at the screen every time I watch it. Get in the water if you want to…this movie it’s definitely a classic.
2. E.T (1982) Poor little alien found himself on earth and all he wanted to do was go back home. It’s a good thing he found some good human friends to help him get there. The scene were the scientists take him away to run tests on him, still tugs at my heart strings and I get a bit teary eyed. But the happy ending makes my angst all worthwhile.
1. Beauty and the Beast (1991) Now this was the first movie that I saw when I came to the U.S. , and I will never forget it! I love to read books and have always kept my nose deep in books, escaping into the stories that I read much like Belle when she goes around the Ville stuck in her book. To see a protagonist that likes books just like me and can look past physical appearance and fall in love with the person was everything that I was and am. I related and still relate to Belle till this day and this is why this will always be my number one.