It’s such an honor just to be nominated. I want to thank God, my son, my family and all my fucking haters for pushing me to greatness…..Just kidding about the last one, I have no haters…but it did sound pretty bad-ass, though.
Thank you, Mercedes Sherman, at Queering Through Life for nominating me for the Liebster Award. For those that don’t know, the Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger to help new bloggers find an audience and the reader find good blogs to follow. Now as the tradition goes I am nominating other up and comer bloggers who deserve to be recognize, and they are:Thank you, Mercedes Sherman, at Queering Through Life for nominating me for the Liebster Award. For those that don’t know, the Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger to help new bloggers find an audience and the reader find good blogs to follow. Now as the tradition goes I am nominating other up and comer bloggers who deserve to be recognize, and they are:
Here are the rules:
Here is a little bit about me:
1. Why do you blog?
I blog because I felt like I was exploding inside with all the words that formed ideas, experiences, anecdotes, poems and stories in my head. A blog became an outlet to let all of that out of my head and onto the digital word. I like to share it with the world just to see if it resonates with someone.
2. If you could do anything you wanted to with your life, what would it be?
I love to write, and I’ve been thinking a lot about that recently. Having all this free time gave me an opportunity to write a lot! I also caught up on some light reading and binge watch on Netflix. It was the best break I’ve had in a long time, and I thought to myself that if I could write for a living, I definitely would.
3. What is your favorite hobby?
I enjoy shopping, reading (self-help, fiction, and romance novels), running and of course binge watching. For the latter, I will go months without watching anything and catch up the minute I have a long weekend and no homework. I prefer it that way; no commercials and can enjoy the show on my own time.
4. If you could be a flavor, what would it be and why?
If I could be a flavor, I would be vanilla because it’s so versatile and it goes with everything. You can throw any topping on a vanilla ice cream, and that shit still tastes good, yup I’m for sure vanilla with chocolate fudge.
5. What do you wish you were better at?
I wish I were more crafty and decorative. All that frilly cute stuff on Pinterest, I can’t do any of that. Even gift wrapping eludes me. All my gifts look like a two-year-old did it and ran his tricycle over it.
6. What is your biggest goal for 2016?
My biggest goal for 2016 is to finish my Bachelors degree. This dream of mine have been an uncompleted thorn in my side for quite a while, and I am determined to finish it this year.
7. What is your favorite blog and why?
Right now I like Single Girl Blogging because she writes about how real the single struggle is with sass and spunk and I can relate to that.
8. What are your guilty pleasures?
Reality TV. I hate to admit it, but I love Keeping up with the Kardashians, Real Housewives of Atlanta, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Married at First Sight. I just can’t help myself.
9. How much time do you spend each day blogging?
For the past two weeks, I have spent one hour a day on my blog, and I check it throughout my day for comments or additional traffic.
10. What is your favorite way to grow traffic on your blog?
Twitter. I feel when I put something there, right away my traffic just blows up. Not so much with Facebook…
11. What is your favorite movie?
The Lake House. I love the chemistry between Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves and the romance, and the twist in the story. I don’t often watch movies more than once, but this one I watch at least once a year.
This is what I want to know about you:
1. What motivated you to start your blog and how long have you been blogging?
2. Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts?
3. Do you ever get “writer’s block,” and, if so, how do you deal with it?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. What is the best advice you can give your fellow bloggers about how to get new subscribers?
6. Do you belong to any writers’ or bloggers’ associations and, if so, which ones?
7. What is the best feedback you have ever gotten on a blog post?
8. What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
9. How do you get the word out about your blog posts –Twitter, Facebook, others?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. What is your greatest joy in life?